Rain and Light speaks my life



Human life can be defined as a pendulum moving to and fro between a state where he/she wants a life full of comfort and the other state where the person wants to achieve something bigger. This poem is dedicated to that endless journey of human desires. Well I don't know what the reader can understand as it depends upon the perception. So the rest part is left for you to interpret. So here it goes



I walked this plain on a summer day
Oppressed,dreary full of stains
Far from home,desired running away
Yet no drops to wash my pain

Saw new faces; some pale a few bright
Just like drizzle before you arrive
Far from home on a sailor's plight
Waiting for drops to clench my thrive



And then you came;the leaves danced
Showers of blessing did the birds sing
Heart turned peacock; an aura tranced
Relieved of pains, antidote of sting


Days went by and so did nights
You were there for me, pouring unbroken
Turned me lazy, inanimate to coming fights
Dreams captivated me, aspirations unspoken

And so you blocked my pores
My roots turned pale again
I turned weak, fell into bores
Hoping of light, a desire in feign

Light marked a cusp of life
Leaving behind years of trench
Which washed away pain;even the slightest slife
Burning no more in the drops of blench


On this eve of farewell I say
O'hail thy rain for you wash stain
O'hail thy light for you victor vain
Till life turns narrow from bay

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Loud Silence

Encounter

The 'LionHearts' : Colours of Change