TCS fever!!!!!

"What you are going to read now are woes of a poor miserable human being. It describes his struggle while appearing for TCS exams. The other creatures who were with him in this race were Ankit(Pota), Rahul, Sourav, Brajen, Banajit: all are my batch mates"
  
 It all began last month when I came to know that TCS was about to launch Placement drive for the year 2014, basically for the freshers. GATE was a disaster so how could I miss this opportunity, so as everyone did I too enrolled myself for the same. On March 1st 2014, maximum of the students received hall tickets for the exam to be held on 8th March 2014, with many left behind, bearing no mail for the hall ticket. Obviously how could I have got things easily done; even I was among those, who didn’t receive the hall ticket.  Ankit and Sourav told me to call on the toll free number and also mail to the TCS support email id. Trust me it was a horrible experience to call these people and enquire. Firstly they don’t understand what you say; secondly they don’t want to understand either. The dialled call entry was filled with this toll free number. The caller tune was bizarre; it rather encouraged me not to call again. On the other hand I kept on sending mails. Suffice it to say, this part of the media was more helpful. I received replies to all of my mails. It took me 4 days to receive my mail. On 5th morning I woke up to find pop up notification on my smart phone: a mail citing congratulations on receiving hall ticket. I read the instructions quite many times before clicking on the link. It said “Dear candidate, your user id field should be filled with the reference id as given in your application form and password is your date of birth”. It was clear; I clicked on the link to find a new pop up window which read the following fields:
                                User  Id:
                                Application Number:
These weren’t the fields that they had mentioned in the mail. I tried each and every combination to login. But I couldn’t as it was useless. I read the mail again and again for instructions but found no clue. The thought of giving exams was no longer in my mind because the gate was still closed. It was as if you have a chilled bottle of Coke in your hands but no opener to open it up and guess what your tooth all are broken down!!! NO WHERE TO GO!!! CAN’T DECIDE WHAT TO BE DONE!!!
What helped me most was the never ending “dilaasa” by Sourav and Ankit. Infact Pota (Ankit) constantly told me “Akash, a jayega, tu dekhna, kal subah ya sham tak a jayega”. Well thanks to them I was able to watch the left over episodes of K-Drama happily.
      On 6th morning I received the reply of my query regarding the false fields to login. I was asked to try in Internet Explorer (enter at your own risk, you may die but the page never opens), however if that doesn’t work then try other PC!!!! I mean what sort of a reply is that, they were asking me take poison if I cannot hang myself. Nevertheless the Socrates in me drank the poison without any reason and guess what it still didn’t work. I was fed up of their bizarre ideas.
      At last I gave a final try. I made my mind to read the instructions again for the final time. This time I found something new in the instructions. It was written “copy the link and paste it in your browser URL space”. I thought to give it a try rather directly clicking on the link. I did that and what happened next was totally clueless because it damn worked!!! Yes it worked!!! I felt as if I was already selected in TCS. Returning back to my senses, I took no time to download my hall ticket and was all set to go home after 5 months.
      Well the story doesn't ends here. For the very first time I had to catch a train in General class. With all my documents I barged inside with all my friends. I am telling always wear a helmet while entering in such crowd. Even women don’t leave you. Slaps, kicks and blows are quite normal while you enter a general class. Anyhow we managed to get seats. I won’t say that the journey was a horrible because Sourav, I  and Rahul were shouting at the top of their voices, cracking jokes after jokes, passing comments and doing all unimaginable stuffs. However we couldn’t sleep the entire night because first of less space and whatever left out was desperately filled by Brajen and Banajit. On 8th morning we reached Guwahati, I went straight to home as my exam was scheduled at 1 pm (the only advantage in entire TCS saga).
      By the time I reached RIST (Centre for exam), Sourav, Rahul and Ankit had already left. The exam started at 1 pm. Well I didn’t know that a new horrible experience was awaiting my approval. Within 10 minutes we faced the first current failure. The people around told us not to panic but seeing their panicked faces we felt doomed!! I felt like a patient being treated by a first year medical student. After 20 minutes of struggle things got settled. After half an hour, all the links suddenly crashed. Our exams were stopped in between because of server problems. So it took them again few more minutes to mend the problem. Well the exam started again. 10 minutes were left now in the 90 minute examination, when there was again a current failure. This time the problem was load shedding. So they had to move few students to the other lab and as usual I was among them. At last I ended the exam and ran like hell from the institute, straight to home as I couldn't bear any more of the problems.


P.S. : Please don’t even think of committing suicide in such situation, you may end up killing someone else

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Loud Silence

Encounter

The 'LionHearts' : Colours of Change